Monday, June 13, 2016

Cal's 5th bday/start of summer/etc

Ol' Daver....

This was literally the first time that Cal had read these books!  I was so proud of him and I could tell that he was proud of himself. 

 Just two bros watching some Transformers cartoons together.....

Arch had a bit of a Zoolander look going.

Uncle Bryan and Christina flew in a few weeks ago.  We waited for the severe thunderstorms to pass and then drove out to Larned together.  We skirted a storm on the way and made it safely to Larned in time for dinner.

This was taken outside of Wichita by a news team out of Wichita. 

The boys quickly kidnapped Chris and she read them numerous books and played several games of checkers!

Papa and Arch

Archie was showing off his monkey toes:

Great Grandma gave Cal his birthday presents a little early.  He was ecstatic to receive Mouse Trap and some new water guns! 

Davis was showing us that he's not 5....he's "3".  Close buddy, but you've got another 6 months.  :)




Davis fell and scraped his arm.....but he wanted a bandaid on his head, too.  :)




We left I was barely out of Larned when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw these kiddos.  Sweet, peaceful slumber....and quiet for mama.  :)



We got back to Wichita and broke out Cal's new birthday bike!





I love that these two want to sleep in the same bed.  They're good buds.

Cal was feeding Davis some Chipotle.  Smart boy.
 This dude.  Thumbs up!

They didn't want to take naps, but they ended up crashing around 4pm.  Of course.


Happy 10th Birthday, Ollie girl!  She's an avid bird hunter, a champion nap taker, an obnoxious pizza fiend, , and a gentle nanny.  If she had opposable thumbs, she could probably babysit our kids. 

We met the Sullengers at a park one morning.  The kids had a lot of fun catching up.
Davis is a big fan of Wyatt!


Davis loved watching Cal's first t-ball practice. 

Sweet Cal....



This kid cracks me up!!!
 They had a long day.  Somehow they slunk into mama's bed and I was left wondering where I was supposed to sleep.




Arch was napping one morning, so we went outside and painted.  This is how normal kids paint:


....and this is how Davis paints:


  I love this hilarious boy.


I let Davis paint his nails with me one day.  :)


I was trying to enjoy a show one day during quiet time.....or what was supposed to have been quiet time.....and Davis wanted to give me a mohawk insteak.


 Cal's first t-ball game! 



Unfortunately, Cal's tooth broke during his game.  It didn't cause too much pain, but he was uncomfortable that evening.  I took him into the dentist the next day and he enjoyed the laughing gas.  lol

It seriously was amazing.  He was so relaxed and didn't even realize that he was getting a shot!  The dentist slapped a crown on his tooth within 30 minutes and we were out of there.....with no tears!


Sweet, smiley boy!!!




I've dubbed him "Sharkie".....his hair always stands up like this!  lol


I thought it'd be fun for the boys to paint with shaving cream, but Davis had other plans.....like always. 


I thought this was hilarious.....and sadly appropriate.


Archie is such a sweet baby.  He usually takes great naps and was sleeping sooooooo wonderfully....until about 2 weeks ago.  That's when the colic hit.  Ugh.  Our poor baby struggles from 8-10pm, each night and cannot settle down. 



This funny dude was checkin' out the babes....

....which is apparently exhausting because he fell asleep on the ride home and slept like this for 2 hours.


My handsome boys.  Cal got THE WORST haircut (Mitch calls it the Dumb and Dumber haircut)....I'm hoping it grows out a bit before the wedding. 

We will be flying to Washington on Cal's birthday, so we celebrated last week while my parents were in town.  

Happy Birthday, to our sweet 5 year old!!

Yummy ice cream cake!






Mimi and Papa got him a scooter and some fun card games!




Davis got Batman and Superman outfits!  We got him a toddler scooter so that he can join his big bro.




Sharkie and his grandparents


Reading his card from Mimi and Papa.....






The next morning, I decided to take the boys to the Nature Center so they could ride their new scooters on the smooth trails.  Davis rode his for about 5 seconds and then said he wanted to run.  So I got to carry his helmet and scooter.  About 5 minutes later, Cal declared the same thing.  I carried his scooter and helmet, too.  It was super fun.  lol.  We actually did have a good time, but it wasn't what I had planned.  Then again, life with three boys rarely plays out as I planned. 

I love how Davis points with his thumb.  :)

We got home and I got Archie down for a nap.  I told the boys that I was going to have some "mommy quiet time" out on the deck.  About 2 minutes later, this was my view....dogs and all.  lol! 

Davis loves his Donnie and vice versa. 

 Arch is becoming a laugher!  It's the sweetest little sound!

Arch tolerates his Bumbo now!  His neck strength is improving and he enjoys sitting up to watch everyone and play with toys.



Perfect view of the Shark fin.  :)

I read some books to my sweet little baby before nap.  He is starting to really focus on things now.


Can you tell which Old Maid card Cal wanted me to choose?!?!?!  I was cracking up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment