Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Summer in a quick blog.....I'm so behind on posting!

Sweet boys at Mimi's

Arch likes to wear his blanket (which was mine when I was a baby!) like a robe!
Arch likes to smell the hibiscuses at Mimi's. 

Naked buns.....look at that tan lines!


I took the boys to the zoo one morn!


They weren't worn out after the zoo, so to the bowling alley we went!   lol

 This little monkey keeps waking up at 4:30/5am....and then by 7am he does good! 

Guess he wanted some cereal!!?!?!?


This cracked me up!  The boys were playing in the kid room at the car dealership while I got my oil changed.  This girl walked in and she and Cal struck a friendship...FAST.  They were talking about Moana and this is a pic of her singing a song.  Cal was awe-struck. 
Afterwards he asked her, "How old are you?"
She said she was 8. 
He replied, "Awwww man!!!  I'm only 6!"   ❤❤❤


I bought this at Dillons for $15.  Watermelon Island has been a big hit at the pool this year!!!!

Mom loved swimming with the boys.  This pool is so nice: it's small, the guards are extremely friendly and play with the kids, there's a baby pool, etc.  We LOVE Tallgrass.




Mimi and Cal after a tball game!



O-Bird and Arch Man.


Mom went to KC to visit Susie and Tessa.  They had a great time!!


Rocko Taco.

Loralei and Cal have been great buds since they were 2.  We met them at My Gym, a local play place for young children.  Megan and I hit it off and our kiddos did the same. 


Davis loves to get Rocky to chase his tail.  Hysterical!

 Arch shocked me one day and started climbing the ladder to the slide.  He's all over the place now!

Arch had some watermelon and the dogs were ALL OVER HIM. 

He ate the whole piece....rind and all.  #horsedog




I asked my friend, Amy, if I could have her oldest boys over for the day.  Their house flooded and she just had her 4th baby.....she needed a break!  Harrison and Hudson kept my boys so busy!  It was wonderful!

We went to the pool that afternoon.  Watermelon Island had to join us, obviously.  I tied it down and drove to the pool like this.  lol.  Unfortunately, the ropes failed me on Rock Road and it fell off!!!  The green rind popped, but the red watermelon part survived.  :)



I dropped the Keller boys off at home.  Seriously 5 seconds later, these were my boys!  haha


The sand at our park is always best after it rains.  Prime digging material!

We went to Larned the weekend before the 4th of July.  The boys talked us into ice cream cones.....and I shared mine with my girl.  :)


I tried to give Arch a haircut (clearly I didn't learn from my mistake on Cal).  Mitch posted this on FB.  It is hysterically unfortunate how similar they look.  ha


My heart is melting.  I love this pic.


This is how the boys slept in Larned one night.  ha

My big boy is so sweet with his Great-Grandma.  He always holds her hands and talks to and hugs her.  I love his sweet little heart.


This cowboy rode by and just swooped the younger boys up for a quick ride!  They were so excited!  Arch loves "neigh neighs".

Just a boy and his mom....








This is how Arch waited for his brothers and dad to finish hitting balls at the golf course.


Davis told Mimi, "I don't need any help!"  #strongwilled

 I was so excited to see my old friend and classmate, Aaron Reed!  He was visiting his mom that weekend.  His wife is due in August.  I'm so happy that he will be a dad.....he was meant to be a father.


My little monkey.




Silly boy in Great Grandma's room...


Rocky is such a good dog.  Davis ALWAYS lays on him!

Slushie time!!!


I brought this old baby doll of mine back from Larned.  Archie LOVED it and snuggled with the doll so much.  I'm glad he enjoyed it for a few days, because Rocky promptly tore its head off on Day 3.  

We bought a golf cart!  It's been a great addition to our family, as it allows us to easily golf with our kids (for two holes, because let's be serious....that's all the younger boys can handle),  I drive the boys to the pool in it, we can take it around the course for a drive if we are bored and need to get out of the house, etc.  

We went to the 4th of July part at Tallgrass and Davis won a prize!  He chose this swim cap.  haha


I attempted another art project with the boys.  These types of activities are hit and miss with the boys.  They attended to the project for at least 10 minutes.  I'd call that a win!  We made firecrackers out of cardboard toilet paper rolls. 

Davis loved the fresh blueberries...can you tell? 




Look at my handsome dad....this was taken around 1974 while Dad was at KSU.


The boys and I went back for a quick trip to Larned one Friday.  Grandma's good friend, LaVeda Cross died.  I was planning on attending the funeral and my parents were out of town so I told Gma that I'd take her.  No brainer.   After the funeral, I decided to pay the babysitter for an extra hour and I went back to Grandma's room so we could talk.  She told me, "I think I have some wine in that fridge."  So grandma and I drank wine at 3pm.  It was perfectly wonderful.  I love that woman so much. 


I told my folks that I'd go pick up the dogs for them.  We drove past a field and saw hundreds of prarie dogs.  The boys and I stopped and watched them for awhile.  They hid underground quite a bit, but it was fun looking at their homes and dugouts!



Arch was helping Papa comb his hair. 


Unfortunately, on the way back, I got a flat tire.  SOOOOOO frustrating.  While the boys and I waited for help (I don't know how to change a tire....fail.), everyone got out of their carseat.  The boys were like caged monkeys.  It was ridiculously chaotic.  Thankfully, a nice man came and changed the tire and we were on the road.....to drive 55mph.  What normally takes 2 hours to drive, took 4 hours.  IT WAS AWFUL.   ha




We got home and this boy was so tired!

Doing a little yardwork....


Cal's hair was phenomenal this morn....


Bless you, Target, for having these carts available.


Hungry Hippo!

Uncle Tony was in KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hooray!




We helped Mimi wash the cart to prepare for the 3-man golf tourney.



Jake came to visit while Tony was home! 


Davis wasn't happy and didn't want to stand on the rocks.  ha!

Time for a trip to the Larned park!





We went to visit the boys while they played in the 3-man golf tourney. 




While the boys golfed, we swam! 


After the tourney that day, the golfing crew came to swim with us!










I love that they call Mitch, "Waggle".  haha!!!!!!!!!  He does take awhile to get his stance.





We found a creepy old toy of ours.  ha


Playing "hand on top" with Uncle Tony.


Oh...while I was in Larned, I adopted a cat.  Whoopsie.  haha

Ollie was checking out her new kitty friend.


All three boys ate cereal that morn....pretty cute.


The two littles and I followed Cal during his Jr. Golf one morn.  It was so fun seeing him play!


We went to the Augusta Splash Pad/Castle Park that next morn.  It was so fun!!








Watching golf with Daddy....


The Ecks joined us at Tallgrass one day! 




Rocko and I...he's such a good dog!



Mitch and I successfully installed a cat door!

I took the boys out to golf one morn.  It's so fun to play with them!

We went to the pool that afternoon.  The lifeguards are so wonderful....they always play with the kids!



Tired Arch one morn....and his kitty. 

Ladies and Gentlemen...you're looking at the 3-hole Jr. Golf Champion!  He even got a trophy!



Mom joined Grandma for lunch at her retirement home one day.  It was "wacky picture day"......so cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment