Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January 2017

Both boys were about 10 months old in this pic. :)

Parent of the year:  a cookie in one hand and a sucker in the other......while wearing only their undies.  I was trying to rapidly clean the house while the baby slept.  I came back downstairs to this scene.  Sneaky little fellas....

I took the boys on a looooooong nature walk later that day.  Davis wanted to carry every stick he found.  I told him that he could carry three.....

....but like usual, he didn't care about my limitations.  ha!

These boys will never forget that "Uncle Tony hates yellow cars". 


On Saturday night around 5pm, I randomly applied to be approved as an adopter for a lab rescue in Oklahoma.  I got an email back at 7pm that said we were approved.  lol.  Sooooo......Mitch and I spoke with the fosters about which dogs would be great with children. 

We headed to OK around 8:30am on Sunday morning to meet a few dogs.  Ollie Bird had to give the ok before we brought one home, so she made the trip with us.

The boys decided to sit in Arch's carseat when we were stopped for a restroom break.  :)




We were on our way to a foster's house to meet three dogs when she called me and recommended that we stop by to meet a dog named Rocket first.  He was located at a different foster's home, so we went there first.  As you can tell, we didn't make it to see the other dogs.  We met Rocky and it took him awhile to warm up, but once he did we knew he was our dog.  :) 

This was his description on the rescue's website:
"Rocket is a very sweet boy looking for a new place to call home.  Rocket is very friendly and social.  He loves to play and with other dogs.  He is housebroken and has wonderful house manners.  Rocket has been treated for heartworm and has been given a clean bill of health.  He is a happy, loving boy."


















Arch played tug of war with the ginormous gnawing stick.

Davis wanted to try the rawhide, too. 

This big boy loves his new bed!


Just a boy and his miniature horse....



Archie has been fighting ear infections for 6 weeks and been on 3 consecutive rounds of ineffective antibiotics.  After a particularly bad night of pain and little sleep, I repeatedly called and pushed (and pushed) the ENT office into booking an appointment for Archie THAT DAY.  Luckily, after my third call, they booked him for a 3:30 appt.  :)  The ENT took one look in his ear and declared that he needed tubes.  *PRAISE THE LORD*  He told me to come back the next day at 6am and he'd do the surgery! 

Here's Arch in the waiting room before his surgery. 

This sweet boy and I had a day full of naps, playing, and snuggles after his procedure. 


I'm trying to get him to drink from a sippy cup or a straw....but all he wants to do is play with it.  lol.  So fun....for him, not me. 


He will drink from an open cup the best, but will also use the sippy.  I'm still working on the straw....

On Friday morn, I took the boys to a different trampoline park.  It's 5 minutes away and costs $5 for each boy.  SOLD!  It was amazing....foam pits, things to climb, rock wall, things to swing on, trampolines, etc.  The boys loved it. 








I was lightly jumping with Arch and I tried to get a pic of him looking up at the camera......instead he wanted to bite my face and pull my nose.  #boymom




Davis wanted to go to Dillons with me one day.  I was reading some labels and turned around to this:  he had put 8 cartons of ice cream in the cart!  He was slapping his hands together like he was cleaning dirt off....😆

I'll post all the videos in another post.  For some reason, they won't post in this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment