Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Christmas Break and the New Year

On Christmas Eve, the boys opened their gifts from Grandpa Walt and Grandma Sooz!  They were so excited!
 



Grandma met the Claus's.  :)

Cal was helping Mimi peel potatoes for Christmas dinner.

EARLY Christmas morning, Arch woke me up and was a ball of energy.  I played with him in the basement while we waited for everyone else to rise.  I made some coffee, got him some graham sticks, and we waited.  The boys actually slept til 7:30am.....then we began the Christmas festivities.



WOW!!!!!!!  Nice work, Dad!!!!







They love reading the Comics with Papa!


We had a crazy storm mid-Christmas Day.  The wind picked up and we had 80mph straight line winds.  Look at the limbs down in the front yard!
The backyard lost a giant limb and part of the fence.  SO STRANGE!!!!!!  No snow on Christmas.....just a severe thunderstorm.  lol

Great Grandma and her boys








I raked the front yard one morning while Arch napped.  The big boys were my helpers.  :)


When we got back to Wichita, I sent the boys to school for a day.  We had to pay for it anyway, so why not?!  I took down the Christmas decorations in the morn and then pulled the big boys out of school early.  We ate lunch at Freddy's and then went to watch SING at the theater.  :)


SING was so cute!!!!!!!!!!  It was a great afternoon with the big boys.


We took a trip to the zoo the next day and 3.5 hours later, I had successfully worn the boys out!  lol


I love this pic.  Davis fell asleep that night while watching a cartoon in my bed.  Ollie is such a good dog....and a good pillow.  :)

Misha and Tony flew in for NYE.  It was so nice spending time with them!  Lots of laughter!

Arch crawled in and pulled himself up....wanted to help Davis go #2.  lol  #moralsupport


It was so funny watching the grown men play with the kids' toy.  At one point, Mitch said, "I'm so glad that our children are enjoying this gift as much as we are."  hahaha  For the record......that baseball hitting machine is pretty darn fun!




He loves looking out their front door!


We went to the Larned bar around 9:30pm.....

...and were back in the basement by 11pm.  ha!  I didn't waste any time getting into my PJ's. 



Tony was doing his dinosaur impression.  :)

The weather turned warmer when we got back from Larned.  We took the boys on a long nature walk one day....even saw 5 deer!!!




My poor, sick baby.  He was running a 103 temp and had a horrible cough (like the rest of us, but in babies it's always so much worse).  I took him to the doctor the next day and he had a URI and an ear infection.  He's feeling much better now!


Girl's Night Out!!!



Arch and I watched the snow fall one day.  I kept him home because he was still feeling so sick.  It was nice and quiet.....a very peaceful day spent with my babe.

Arch loves playing with Ollie!

One Friday, I took the boys to the Trampoline Park.  SOOOOO fun!  They jumped for over an hour and then finally conceded to their hunger and exhaustion.  lol.  We will definitely go back again. 


Kareem Abdhul Cal.



Here's our happy, extremely ornery, squirmy, nearly walking 9 month old!




I love listening to Cal cheer him on.  He's the sweetest big brother. 

Davis loves practicing his baseball swing!  I didn't catch it on film, but he got the hang of it and was really making good contact!

When it's 64 in January, you go outside and play.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment